Bountiful Baby Customer Forum       
(Click here for Bountiful Baby home)       
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vampire Teeth
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm 

Ive been wanting to do something different and creative with my reborns. I have noticed many people are making reborn VAMPIRE babies! And some are really cute I think! Dont know if anyone on here has done this, but I am wondering how you make the teeth? With Clay maybe? And where do you get the clay? What kind of clay do you use? How do you put clay on a vinyl baby? Lots of questions! Even if you havent made a vampire baby, if you have any insight on using clay please let me know! I would love to do something different! Here is an adorable Vampire baby that I found searching online. She came up on Etsy. She is already sold, But I messaged the woman to asked how she made the teeth. I have found that alot of people dont like giving there secrets away thats why I am asking on here. I kinda dont expect her to answer me back. But hopefully someone will know :)
I would love to get practice in before Halloween, or even make a baby for the new Twilight movie coming out in theaters this year.

First Baby of 2014! Rosebud Musgrove!

Post subject: Re: Vampire Teeth
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm 

I have seen on how to do fairy ears and they use sculpty. I would think (guessing here) that you could use the regular teeth they have and file down to what you want to look like or make sculpty ones. I think also you could use sculpty and then some type of little screw or tooth pick to attach to doll. I would make sure to go through vinyl so you can also glue on inside.
I showed this to my daughter and she is in love with the idea. I think we will be trying this out ourselves.

Judy

Post subject: Re: Vampire Teeth
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:59 pm 

Super sculpy3 is the way to go here Ladies and you are wise judy to think of adding a way to attach them into the head -sculpt the teeth around a small bit of floral wire-bake them at 275 for about 5 min for these tiny things -heat the head and insert the teeth into the soft warm vinyl- glue inside with e6000-also for the most realistic teeth mix 1/2 white and 1/2 translusent colors
Would love to see the results !!!
Cher